January 06, 2022
Spring 2022 term COVID-19 update and Campus Access
Happy New Year! We hope you all had a wonderful holiday break and you were able to rest, relax and recuperate.
As we prepare for the start of the Spring term, we are happy to confirm that we will be having on-campus classes starting January 15, as scheduled.
Thanks to the community for adhering to our policies and protocols, we are pleased to let you know that from January 2020 until today, we have only had two confirmed COVID cases involving students on campus and those were reported just before the holiday break. We are happy to report that because both students were fully vaccinated, they experienced mild symptoms and are well on their way to recovery.
Given our track record and extremely low positive case count, we are confident that the policies, protocols and infrastructure upgrades implemented will continue to keep our community safe.
Strict adherence to all policies and protocols currently in place and shared community responsibility will ensure continued campus access without interruptions. Our fundamental approach to protect our community will continue through the following measures, which have been updated to conform to current guidance and regulations.
- Our Vaccination Policy requires all individuals accessing ArtCenter’s campuses or any other ArtCenter designated location to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination must be uploaded and verified before campus access is allowed.
- Exemptions to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy must be requested and processed through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NEW: Boosters are required when eligible and must be uploaded and verified for continued access to our physical locations. Eligibility dates are determined by your last vaccination date (Pfizer + five months, Moderna + six months, J&J + two months).
- Individuals feeling ill or experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, etc.) are asked to stay home and not report to campus.
- REVISED: Medical grade multi-layered masks/face covers are required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status except when alone in a closed office or when actively eating or drinking. A recent change to the health order requires that a multiple layered face cover, surgical grade or higher (KN95/N95), must be utilized when on campus. Cloth face covers may be worn over a medical grade face cover but are not recommended to be used as the sole method for respiratory protection.
- Masks will be provided by the College for the duration of the Spring term.
- Daily health screening for all individuals accessing campus provided through the Envoy entry screening process
- Active management and contact tracing of all reported cases (positive and close contacts). All positive cases of COVID-19 must be reported to email@example.com. This includes any positive test results obtained while traveling or due to exposure away from campus.
- Isolation requirements for individuals who test positive (individual instructions will be provided).
- REVISED: Clinically processed testing is required in the following circumstances and test results must be submitted for review:
Post-travel on days three and five
Weekly for individuals who have been approved for a vaccine exemption
Post-isolation or quarantine after any association to a positive case of COVID-19
48 hours prior to campus access for individuals hired by students for film productions and photo shoots.
Campus planning and other administrative measures:
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters (MERV 13) have been installed in the HVAC systems and are changed out every two months, which is more frequent than the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- HVAC systems are operating at a higher air exchange rate than recommended by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Each building is scheduled for a daily purge two hours before and after the highest rate of occupancy.
- Increased housekeeping and cleaning of high-trafficked areas and surfaces; and
- Staggered and flexible work schedules for administrative staff to allow for greater social distancing.
Please check the Campus Access Protocols page on Inside ArtCenter for details and further information.
If you have any questions or if you would like additional information on policies or procedures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your continued cooperation for a safe campus experience.