ArtCenter participates in the Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG and Cal Grant programs.

These are awarded to eligible undergraduates without prior bachelor's degrees. Grants are awarded on the basis of need, and amounts vary. None of the grants must be repaid.

Federal Grants

The federal government provides grants for students attending college or career school. Most types of grants, unlike loans, are sources of financial aid that generally do not have to be repaid.

Federal Pell Grants

Based on need, Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who are citizens or eligible noncitizens and who have not earned a bachelor’s degree and are enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program.

Students who file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are automatically considered for a Pell Grant. The amount awarded is determined by the federal government and is based on your estimated family contribution.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

These grants are federally sponsored awards administered by ArtCenter. FSEOG grants are awarded to undergraduates who are citizens or eligible noncitizens and are enrolled at least half-time. Award amounts depend on the availability of FSEOG funds annually. Priority is given to students who are receiving Federal Pell Grants and who have met ArtCenter's priority deadline.

California State Grants

California, like many states, awards grants to its student residents. Both financial need and academic achievement are considered.

Cal Grants are offered on a year-round basis. Any student who has been a legal resident of California for at least one year prior to the application due date of March 2, graduated from a California high school and does not hold a prior bachelor’s degree may be eligible for a Cal Grant. Residents of other states should ask their state aid agencies if state grants are available and if they may be used to pay expenses at a California college.

Cal A and Cal B Grants are awarded by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC), are renewable each year and range up to $10,756 per year.

  • Cal Grant A

    Designed to assist low- and middle-income students with tuition/fee costs, Cal Grant A awards are based on need, grade point average and other criteria as determined by CSAC.

  • Cal Grant B

    Designed to assist very low-income students, Cal Grant B awards include a stipend for living expenses and, after the first year, assists with tuition/fee costs.

New Cal Grant A or B applications require that you complete a FASFA form before March 2. Complete and mail the GPA Verification form to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) by the March 2 postmark deadline; and be a legal resident attending an eligible school in California. You may print out the GPA Verification form and take it to your prior college or high school for completion or check with your school to see if they will submit your GPA electronically. ArtCenter’s Enrollment Services Office can complete it for you only if you have completed and/or transferred in at least 24 units by the end of the Fall Term.

If you qualify for a Cal Grant and choose to attend a California community college first, you may contact CSAC and arrange to reserve your award until you transfer to a tuition/fee-charging college.

California Dream Act

The CA Dream Act Application allows students interested in attending eligible California colleges, universities and career education programs to apply for state financial aid. This application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth

If you are or were in foster care for at least one day, between the ages of 16 and 18 as a dependent or ward of the court and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college.