Essential Skills + Competencies
- Students develop a fluent visual vocabulary and the requisite skills necessary to apply visual relationships across core curriculum in preparation for the students’ areas of emphasis.
Critical Thinking + Creative Process
- Students use, imagine and articulate research, conceptualization and problem solving strategies applied to any visual problem, demonstrating an understanding of creative processes.
Cultural Literacy + Contextual Reference
- Students develop awareness of the context of their creative visual production and its reception.
- Students explore art + design foundation skills between disciplines with a variety of media, technologies and research topics that include opportunities for hybrid course work.
Quality of Execution + Professional Practices
- INT provides multiple opportunities across a range of disciplines to develop excellence in execution and articulation of craft. Students develop presentation skills and professional practices.
- Ethics is explored as part of art practice and design production, in terms of affecting personal/academic integrity, community, environment, sustainability and social awareness.