ArtCenter College of Design™ (“ArtCenter”) encourages the use of this website and other ArtCenter websites (collectively, the “Site”), regardless of domain address, as a way to share information and knowledge in support of ArtCenter’s educational mission. The Site is owned by ArtCenter. The contents of any of the Siteis subject to change without notice. While most of the Site is publicly accessible, certain services and information offered online might be restricted to specific users or segments of the ArtCenter community.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement (“Agreement”) shall govern the relationship between you and ArtCenter with respect to the Site. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions for use of the Site.
Content: Consistent with ArtCenter’s policies and regulations, including also ArtCenter’s Intellectual Property Policy, ArtCenter upholds the principles of freedom of speech, the importance of access to information and public dialogue, the rights of authors and artists to protect the integrity of their work, and the right of privacy in the use of electronic resources by our faculty, students, and staff. The Site contains official pages relating to the programs and facilities offered at ArtCenter and related administrative business. Some of the Site also contains web pages generated by groups or individuals whose expressed views do not necessarily represent the views of ArtCenter, its trustees, faculty, staff, or collective student body.
You may NOT use the Site to:
(1) transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
(2) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Site;
(3) transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(4) transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party including without limitation, music, lyrics, audio, or audiovisual materials, photos or other images that are the copyrighted property of a third party;
(5) transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
(6) transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(7) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Site and/or the Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
(8) interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
(9) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
(10) "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
Trademarks: ArtCenter College of Design™, ArtCenter, the ArtCenter logo, and all related trademarks are the property of ArtCenter College of Design™. ArtCenter names and trademarks may not be used by third parties without the express prior written permission from ArtCenter College of Design™. Other trademarks, service marks, and trade names used on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
Illegal Copying: All content included on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, and software, is the property of ArtCenter or its licensors or partners and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws. Reproduction, duplication, modification, distribution, transmission, replication, display, or performance of the content of the Site without the express written permission of ArtCenter is strictly prohibited. ArtCenter complies with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you have a concern regarding the use of copyrighted material on any ArtCenter Web site, please contact the agent designated to respond to reports alleging copyright infringement. To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)(A)): (1) Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit ArtCenter to locate the material; (4) Contact information of the complaining party; (5) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law; (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Site Usage: The Site may provide links to third-party websites that are not under ArtCenter control. These links are provided for convenience only and unless otherwise expressly stated by ArtCenter, are not intended as an endorsement by ArtCenter of the organization or individual operating those third-party websites or a warranty of any type regarding the third-party Web sites or the information on them. Links from a Web site located on an ArtCenter server to a third-party Web site, or references to third-party brands, products, or services do not imply ArtCenter’s endorsement of those websites, products, or services.
Postings to ArtCenter Site: Your posting of material on the Site, or providing material to ArtCenter to use on the Site, will be deemed to be a grant by you to ArtCenter of a license to the material to include the material on the Site and to reproduce, publish, distribute, perform, display, and transmit the material and to prepare derivative works as may be reasonably necessary to do so, and you waive all rights of attribution and integrity with respect to the material.
You may request to have your posted material removed from the Site by contacting the Department of Marketing and Communications by email at email@example.com. You may also contact the Department of Marketing and Communications if you believe that proper credit needs to be given for material that has been posted on the Site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ARTCENTER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR, AS APPLICABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ARTCENTER MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND YOU WAIVE ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION, OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH ARTCENTER OR VIA THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY AND ARTCENTER DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO SUCH RISKS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY ARTCENTER OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES AND/OR VENDORS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ARTCENTER, OR ITS FACULTY AND STAFF, BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
Jurisdiction: This Agreement is governed by California law without regard to conflict of law provisions. The federal and state courts located in Los Angeles, California alone have jurisdiction over all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement and the Services. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts sitting in Los Angeles, California with respect to such matters or otherwise between you and ArtCenter, and waive your rights to removal or consent to removal.
Severability: If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Compliance with Laws: You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Site.
You further agree that any information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold ArtCenter, its faculty, staff, partners, and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
Termination: ArtCenter may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice, for any reason.