Instructors will provide a complete list of required materials during the first class. Students must provide their own materials. Estimated costs are included in class descriptions to give students a general idea of how much they might spend on materials. The Art Center Student Store carries most materials, but you may also purchase supplies at any art supply store.
Materials Needed for Your First Class
For all drawing and painting classes:
- Drawing board, 20" x 26"
- White bond paper, 18" x 24" (10 sheets)
- Eagle drafting pencil
- Charcoal pencils, 4B and 6B
- Kneaded eraser
- X-Acto knife
The Art Center Student Store, located at Hillside Campus, carries pre-bundled packages of the above materials available for $37.05, including the 20% discount and tax.
For basic design classes:
- Tracing pad, 9" x 12"
- Prismacolor pencil, black
- Prismacolor pencil, medium gray
For all other classes:
- Pencil and paper for taking notes. See specific course descriptions for additional materials required on the first day.