The Graduate Art program admits candidates for the Fall and Spring semesters, with application deadlines of February 1st and October 1st, respectively. On average, we admit eleven candidates per year.
Requirements for consideration are:
- A completed Art Center application
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50 for U.S. citizens and permanent aliens or $70 for non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. permanent alien residents.
- An undergraduate degree or its equivalent in any field of study
- Official transcripts of all past college-level study
- A resume
- A letter of intent of 1,000 words or less that includes discussion of the candidate’s work and his or her goals. There should be references to works of art, and ideas about art that he or she has found especially useful, in addition to any other relevant thoughts or information.
- A portfolio of 15 to 20 images, preferably submitted via Slideroom
- Letters of recommendation are not required, but are strongly encouraged.
- For international applicants we also require a TOEFL score of at least 100.
For more information, please visit Art Center's office of Graduate Admissions